Thursday, January 7, 2010

My (Mini) Winter Vacation

December 7 – January 13

While fall semester was officially over at Syracuse University, it didn’t mean I was on break for the next month. Two days after the promo shoot, Kendal and I went to New York City to spend five days doing research for the show. We saw Chicago and Wicked on Broadway, visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art and other museums, and were constantly brainstorming about the show.

After NYC, Kendal flew home to Seattle, and I went to visit friends in San Francisco. While there, I shopped around for inspiration at fabric stores, flea markets, and thrift stores. San Francisco is the perfect place for this and it was a nice change of scenery from Syracuse.

Following my two short vacations I was offered a freelance project for the band Lotus. I have done costume work for them before, and they asked me to do their wardrobe for their New Year’s Eve show at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia. Their garments looked fantastic, but following the show I was more than ready to get back to work on Metanoia.

Now, I am in Florida visiting my mom and preparing my final designs. The illustrations I am currently working on will be used in the graphic design pieces that are being created for the Metanoia artwork. They will also help me move forward with my design ideas for the next phase of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment